A MINIATURE MINE
In 1948 an underground coal mine display was created in the cellars of the then Leeds City Museum on the corner of Park Row and Bond Street (now HSBC Bank). The exhibit included mining machinery and at least two small coal tubs. It is not clear what happened to these artefacts when the museum closed in 1965; it may be that one or two wagons in the present collection came from this exhibition.
Last updated 14th November 2019